Monday, June 28, 2010

Katherine Southard....My Miss NC!!!






Once in a while you meet a person that changes your day, very seldom do you meet someone that changes your life. I have been fortunate to have an entire group of people, one of them is Katherine Southard. Katherine our Miss NC 2009, first came into my life as we competed for the Miss NC and Miss NCOT titles, I have watched her grow so much and I can honestly say that I have grown up so much by being her friend and watching her.



Our year together as Mt Holly queens will forever be my fondest memories of pageantry and I can only hope that every local queen has the same experience at least once in her life! With the help of a man more like my second daddy than a director, Roger Hawkins Katherine was able to be 2nd runner up in 2008 and I 1st runner up! When I went back to watch Katherine I honestly think I was more excited for her than if I could have ever won! I ran to the stage faster to see her, than a little girl runs to the Jonas Brothers!


Katherine I hope you know what a difference you have made in my life, the life of every girl that has seen you, and all of NC! You were the PERFECT Miss NC! I am so glad to call you my sister queen and my friend! We “L” word you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment